Sunday, October 19, 2008

In Your Memory - Prologue

“Damn it, its so late already, if I don’t get home by the time I promised my mum, she’s going to be really angry” I told my best friend Peter as I dropped the PlayStation2 console and rushed to gather my things.

“Sure, sure, we’ll talk later, you’ll be online right?” He said as he got up to see me to the door.

“Ya sure” I muttered as I hurried out the door.

It was a nice evening, the sun was low in the sky and a cool breeze drifted through the small town that I had lived my life in. The day was over, and I could see everyone hurrying back to there homes, from there busy lived to be at the company of there friends and family. I on the other hand, wasn’t rushing home because I wanted to, more because I had to. I would rather still stay at Peter’s house playing video games. But over the years I had found that keeping my mother happy by following her rules, made life so much easier.

I rushed to my house, neither running no walking, but somewhere in between. My mind was filled with the creatures, heroes and villains of the games that I had played today. I didn’t really need to concentrate to walk; I knew this town like the back of my head. And that was when I bumped into someone. The next thing I knew, I was catching the person by the waist to prevent a fall to the ground. It all happened so fast that only then I realized it was a girl, a year or two younger than me.

As I was running late, I quickly made my apologies and rushed home.

“Right on time” my mum said with a smile as I came in home.

“Ya, I want to be out as much as I can” I said with a sort of sarcastic grin as I went up to my room.

After a quick shower I got online.

“Hey, I got good news” Peter messaged as soon as I signed in via the msn messenger service.

“A friend of mine said that she’s pretty sure she can get you Jamie’s msn address” Peter continued.

Jamie. Jamie was THE girl. I met Jamie 4 years ago. She was in my class, we were friends. However after our classes changed I lost contact with her. And for those 4 whole years that followed, I had feelings for no other girl but Jamie. Our town is generally called small, but it’s not like it’s so small that everyone knows everyone. It’s easy to loose someone, of course, it isn’t hard to find someone either. At the start of this year, I began a little project with peter to find Jamie. And it would seem that finally it maybe leading to some results.

“That’s awesome” I replied.

My mind was soon starting to fill up with memories of Jamie. The fun we had, how beautiful she was, how funny she was.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mother announcing that diner was ready. I was hungry, lunch seemed some a long time ago. After saying my goodbyes to peter and a few other people, I went downstairs to satisfy my hunger.



1 comment:

Du Edoc'sil Hjarta said...

wah intrigues me is who that girl the author bumped into was...